Why this blog exists...

This blog is a journal, a memento of my feelings, thoughts and personal experience of being a gestational carrier.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

First photo of the baby!


Here is the baby at 10 weeks. I told the daddies that I think it looks like a Gingerbread Man Cookie. I suppose it could look like something worse. See the little arm and leg nubs? Too cool. I didn't get the pleasure of seeing my babies this early in the womb so it was a pleasure to see this little one so early. I am so excited to begin having a "normal" pregnancy from here on. I no longer need to be monitored by Connecticut Fertility Associates and can be seen at Cheshire Medical Center. Although to be honest I am most excited that I get to start weaning off the medications. I have to take the Progesterone shot every other day, take Estrace from twice a day to once a day, Prometrium every other day for another 2 weeks. I think I can handle that. I wish I could say that I would be able to take a celebratory time out to have a margarita with my pal Chelsea but alas that will have to wait for another 7 months.
I'm ready for all of this. I was looking at maternity clothes online today. I have to say that I was excited to bring them out of storage at my house. I repeat as I have said before...Progesterone makes you gain weight. I am not just someone that decided to let myself go because I am pregnant. I have gained more weight than I thought I would and am frankly ready to start wearing a few of the ol' maternity clothes. Meh, I don't really mind. I accept it and really, if I didn't like wearing the clothes among other things, I wouldn't have been able to commit to being a surrogate.

That being said I am so excited to move forward, to experience everything that is to come.

7 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures!!! I can't wait for that moment! Have you been able to feel any movement yet???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - super sweet! Great post and love the u/s pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally let myself go if I was pregnant...right now I only have a margarita baby though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a pleasure to see a baby so early..best of luck.. surrogacy in thailand

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are searching for gynaecological treatments in Mumbai, Dr. Rishma Pai is a top Gynaecologist in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete