Why this blog exists...

This blog is a journal, a memento of my feelings, thoughts and personal experience of being a gestational carrier.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

So many things..

So many things to be nervous, excited, scared, elated..(insert pretty much any adjective here). I'm so excited about my upcoming transfer in about two weeks. I had an ultrasound this past week to look at my uterine lining. I could probably go into more detail but really, who wants to read that? I was bummed to find out on Friday that my lining was not as thick as it needed to be and it would push my transfer out a week. Boo....I ridiculously thought that I had reason to feel guilty about that which I know is not true..so I have to go back for another ultrasound on Thursday but the doctor at my agency is confident that everything will be fine and has decided not to push the transfer date out. The egg donor has already started her meds so I guess all will be okay.

One of the medicines I'm taking-Estrace- is making me gain weight...yeah like I need that. And to my luck, I take that medicine 2 pills twice a day and have had to make that three doses now just to make sure my lining thickens as it should. I find that throughout this whole process one might think that being pregnant is the tough part but really getting pregnant is the true test. I'm so scared that I won't get pregnant, or worse get pregnant and lose the pregnancy. I admit, I'm terrified. Arg too depressing.

I'm gonna make some daddies! I'm gonna make some daddies! W00t

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how similar our stories are! Looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll be fine...you already have had two kids without issue.

    ReplyDelete